*Note These Commits are Verbal and non binding*
*Note the Star Ratings are my own, and I am not affiliated with any organization*
1. Connor Brewer, QB, Scottsdale-Chaparral, Ariz, 6-3, 195, 4.7, 4-Star, (2 time State Champs going into senior year, 57TD-11ints for career)
2. Johnathan Gray, HB, Aledo HS, Tx, 5-11, 200, 4.4, 5-Star (Father played RB at TT. Has dominated the state over the last two years including breaking the record for TD's in a state game, with 7 i believe. I have him as the best running back in the country. That's with Barry Sanders kid out there too.
3. Cayleb Jones, WR, Austin HS, Tx, 6-3, 195, 4.5, 5-Star (Strong wide receiver with good hands who could bring back the days of Roy Williams if works hard)
4. Thomas Johnson, WR, Dallas Skyline,Tx, 5-11, 170, 4.3, 4-Star, (A quick speedy wide out who had 25td's as a sophomore before being injured last year)
5. Curtis Riser, OL(OG), Desoto HS,Tx, 6-3, 283, 4-Star, (Was named the Nike MVP for 1-1 battle in the trenches at a camp. Just the kind of nasty player the Longhorns need)
6. Camrhon Hughes, OT, Harker Heights HS, Tx, 6-6, 270, 4-Star, (When he puts on some beef, could be the need LT for a few years.
7. Caleb Bluiett, DE, Beaumont Westbrook, Tx, 6-3, 235, 4.6, 3-Star, (More depth for the rotation, known for his intensity, and quickness, but need to hit the weight room)
8. Hassan Ridgeway, DE, Mansfield HS, Tx, 6-3, 240, 4.65, 4-Star, (Was said to be dominating at the Nike Camp in Ft.Worth, has great balance)
9. Paul Boyette jr., DT, Humble Hs, Tx, 6-4, 285, 4.9, 4-Star (Chose UT over OU, NDame, Nebraska and Stanford)
10. Malcolm Brown, DT, Brenham Hs, Tx, 6-2, 280, 5-Star, (Known as the Beast of Brenham for his destructive play on the line. Has great size, is quick off the ball, and known as a disruptive force penetrating into the backfield. One of the best DT in the country.
11. Alex Norman, DT, Dallas-Bishop Dunne, Tx, 6-4, 275, 3-Star, (Has the size, and the attitude to become a great player with some work in the weight room. Grandfather played TE for the Cowboys)
12. Timothy Cole, LB, Brenham, Tx, 6-2, 225, 4.7, 4-Star ( Has great size and speed, but will have to work on being in the right position to make the tackle)
13. Alex De La Torre, LB, Denton Ryan, Tx, 6-1, 220, 4.7, 4-Star, (Son of a Coach, and is a tackling machine who brings intensity and attitude to each hit. Kind of reminds me of Zac Thomas with more physical potential)
14. Peter Jenkins, LB, Dallas Skyline, Tx, 6-1, 208. 4.5, 4-Star (Has great speed and technique that could translate into becoming a Derrick Johnson, or becoming a Strong Saftey)
15. Bryson Echols, CB, Desoto Hs, Tx, 5-11, 170, 4.4, 4-Star (Really looked good at the Under-Armor Camp)
16. Orlando Thomas, Ath, Copperas Cove Hs, Tx, 6-0, 170, 4.3, 4-Star (Plays QB and CB for his school, but projects as a slot receiver, and or CB/S. All around athlete who could play anywhere)
The class just like always is shaping up to be a really good one. My hope is that we can land a few more beefy guys for the tackle position to make this one of the best classes ever.